Enjoy this beautiful and detailed tutorial of a Japanese Quince from Marija of@petal_corner (Instagram). You will agree that the end result is dramatic! Happy crafting and learning!
1. Gather tools and materials:
2. Cut crepe paper according to the template:
3. Apply Panpastel 930.5 Bronze on each side of the petal according to the image.
4. Repeat coloring of all petals.
5. Flower I: Curl the petal with the edge of scissors.
6. This is how the petal should look like.
7. Gently strech the petal in the center making the concave shape.
8. This is how the petal should look like.
9. Repeat the shaping of remaining petals for Flower I.
10. Strech beige crepe paper strip.
11. Fringe crepe paper strip according to the image.
12. Paint the edges of the strip with brown brush pen.
13. Apply Panpastel 911.5 Rich Gold on both sides of the strip according to the image.
14. Twist the edges of crepe paper strip.
15. Curl the wire from above.
16. Glue the fringed strip around the wire.
17. Flower center is finished.
18. Glue the first petal to the center according to the image.
19. Continue attaching petals following the rotation shown in the image.
20. This is how the first flower should look like.
21. Take the green crepe paper cutout from the Sepal group.
22. Fringe the paper according to the image to make sepals.
23. Curl the sepals with the edge of scissors according to the image.
24. Glue the sepals around the bottom of the flower.
25. Wrap the wire with brown floral tape all the way to the bottom.
27. Buds: Twist the wires on the top.
28. Glue the wires inside the foam balls.
29. Gently strech the bud petal in the center making the concave shape.
30. Shape all bud petals.
31. Glue the first bud petal on the foam ball according to the image.
32. Continue attaching remaining 4 petals following the rotation shown in the image for the first bud.
33. Cut the bud sepals according to the template.
34. Glue the first bud sepal according to the image.
35. Continue attaching remaining 3 bud sepals following the rotation shown in the image leaving a small gap between sepals.
36. Wrap brown floral tape all the way to the bottom and repeat these steps for the second bud.
37. Leaves: Cut the green crepe paper cutout from the Leaf group diagonally.
38. Apply glue and attach the floral wire according to the image.
39. Place the second half of the leaf over the top of the wire.
40. Cut the leaf according to the template and repeat 4 previous steps for remained leaves.
41. Assembly: In the end you will get 3 flowers , four leaves and two buds.
42. Wrap the top of the wire with brown floral tape and continue wraping adding the first bud closely under the top of the wire.
43. Attach the second bud and two leaves using the floral tape closely underneath the first bud.
44. Attach all three flowers to the wire using the floral tape according to the image.
45. Attach remaining two leaves closely underneath the group of flowers and wrap uncovered wire all the way to the bottom.
46. You created the Japanese Quince flower out of crepe paper.