Set hearts on fire with the sultry and passionate Camellia flower, the flower of love. In this free tutorial, you will create a wearable flower brought to life using a selection of Carte Fini crepe papers. See the highlights of this tutorial below and a list of all the materials you will need. When you’re ready to get started, enroll for FREE and receive full video instructions, plus all the templates at BOUQ Paper Flowers – school.bouqpaperflowers.com!
CZAR CAMELLIA MATERIALS LIST
90gm CarteFini #364Crepe Paper (Red Wine)
180gm CarteFini #17E/5 Crepe Paper (Daisy Yellow)
60gm CarteFini #303 Crepe Paper (White Cream)
Craft Felt in natural tone (coloursafe)
Blanks: Lapel, Brooch, Hairpin, your choice
Aleen's Tacky Glue
Hot glue gun Cup or container to mix glue
Paint brush for glue
Skewer (bamboo or metal)
Scissors, Ruler, Wire cutters, pliers
1 x 18 gauge wire
PanPastels: Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber
1. All the items you will need for this tutorial and some optional ones as well. Not seen here is a hot glue gun, you’ll need one!
2. By creating a series of folds in the yellow paper and layering it with a fine white paper, we create the strip that will become the golden stamen of the flower’s center.
3. A fine fringing of your stamen strip will give you organic looking results!
4. The completed flower stamen and pistil are the focal point of the flower.
5. Learn how to bring more realism and variance to your petals so they appear natural and textured
6. The best part of the tutorial, shaping! You won’t want to be without these tricks to sculpt and create realistic looking petals!
7. Where it all comes together. With some careful planning of petal placement, your flower will gain a natural appearance, like it was just picked from the garden!
8. Wow, a beautiful Czar Camellia from paper! But wait, now you have to decide how you’ll wear YOUR flower.
9. I demonstrate how to install a lapel pin blank on the back of the flower so it can be worn with your little black dress or for a pop of colour on your favourite jacket.
10. Project complete! This flower has a Luxe vibe, be prepared to be asked “where did you buy that?” We won’t tell😉
Interested in making your own Czar Camellia wearable flower? Then grab all of the materials you need here at Carte Fini and head to BOUQ Paper Flowers – school.bouqpaperflowers.com to enroll now. Did I mention this is a FREE tutorial?! Yes! And when you enroll in the course, you get 1 hour of video instruction to create this flower, all the templates and unlimited access to the course forever! Don’t forget to tag your work with @bouqpaperflowers and use #czarcamellia to have your work seen! Have fun friends 😊
Thank you Carte Fini for having me as a featured artist. Your gorgeous papers are instrumental to this art form and I love them all!
This tutorial should not be used for any commercial purpose. We appreciate your understanding.